Monday 25 July 2011

I signed up as a Volunteer !!!


I finally did it today.  Signed up as a volunteer at ISCOS (Industrial & Services Co-Operative Society Ltd) to help with ex-offenders.  I still need to attend the Basic Volunteer Course before I can do anything.  I met up with Elvis of ISCOS at Starbucks, City Hall. He explained what ISCOS does and what they require.  What they require are more volunteers.  So if you are reading this and would like to be a volunteer, do get in touch with me.  It can be on an adhoc basis, not regular.

He feels that I would make a good mentor as well.  I will have to attend special training before I can be one. I am raising 3 boys and to be a mentor to a female would be a challenge for me.  Not that raising 3 boys was no challenge for me lol.  Nevertheless, I am really looking forward to working with ISCOS and doing my part in helping the ex-offenders integrate into society and starting a new and fulfilling life. 

Why is a picture of their Annual Report on my blog?  No prize if you guess that I have yet again forgotten to take pictures lol.  Maybe I should have a videographer or photographer follow me around.  hhmmm  come to think of it, not a bad idea at all hahaha



No comments:

Post a Comment