Wednesday 27 July 2011

Another son down !!!

My 16 yo has recovered. Now, it is my 18 yo who is down with flu.  The blessing is that he took the vocational assessment tests at the Commando Camp yesterday.  It would have been terrible if it was today.

He came back happy as he told me that the 1st Warrant Officer who interviewed him, knows his father.  He commented that he looks like his father.  My son was told to retake his NAPFA tests as the last one was taken in 2009.  The good news is: he is most likely to be posted to the Commando Camp as the Officer said that my son will see him for his BMT.  My son is really happy with that piece of news.  He was describing to me some of the things they did.  Flexibility with your body helps as there was on test which was more like a yoga pose than anything else.

Finally cooked dinner again after almost a month of not doing that.  Oh.. I did cook some porridge yesterday for lunch.  Nothing fancy for dinner, just some ready made fried spring-rolls; and soup of beef balls, carrot, baby kailan, tomatoes, silky toufu.

Been feeling really tired easily lately too.  Actually, more sleepy than anything else.  I have not been sleeping well for a few weeks now.  At times, during the night, I am not sure if I was dreaming or just having a lot of thoughts floating by.  I am probably experiencing menopause too.  One moment, I am feeling ok, the next warm (hot flush, I guess).  Throughout the night, I would be like flipping off the blanket, putting it back on again, flipping it off, putting it back on again.....  Was told that women going through early stages of menopause tend to put on weight around the wrong areas.  AAHHHHH I do not want that, don't need that.  Exercise , exercise.

Maybe I should try and retire to bed early tonight.  Hang on,, I am on my bed already hahaha  My bed is my chair, my writing den, my everything..

Need to catch up on many things tomorrow.  Have to stop procrastinating so much.  Tomorrow may never come, at least for me.  Come to think of it, better get a will done too.  Losing my friend so suddenly to heart attack, has been a really big wake-up call for me.  I miss him so.  Wish I could give him a kick right now for going off just like that.  Maybe I will get to do that if he comes into my dream.

Feeling warm again... that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment