Monday 17 October 2011

Chinese Green Tea and Me and .....



Sipping on my cup of Chinese green tea, I remember it was a gift from my son.  He had bought it during his school trip to China a few years ago.  I was so touched as I knew that it was not something cheap.  He could have simply bought me a key chain...... (like I needed another one haha).  Back then, I could not bear to drink it.  It was too precious.  As I was cleaning the kitchen cabinet sometime this year, I came across the two containers of it.  The metal box was starting to rust a bit.  I thought about it for a moment and decided that I should drink it before it expires.  Do tea leaves have expiry dates?  I wonder.....

It was rather pleasant to drink.  And thus started my daily routine (almost daily) of boiling a pot of it.  To give it an extra zest, I usually add a couple of lemon slices.  Love it.  I wonder if drinking it daily will help me drain my fats away.  Oh well. FAT HOPE lol.  I do get some exercise out of drinking the tea.  You see, I leave the pot in the kitchen and with this small tea cup, I have to keep walking to the kitchen to top it up.  Not much of an exercise you say, but still some exercise.  Beats just stretching the hand a little to reach for the pot if it was right in front of me.

If only drinking Chinese Green Tea gives me Chinese Kung Fu power.  Then I can kill this one irritating mosquito buzzing around me and sucking my sweet blood.  The curse of being sweet.  A peaceful evening is turning into quite a mini adventure.  I see a trail of ants moving along the groove of the floor tiles.  This is the 3rd night that it is happening.  Where on earth are they coming from and where are they going??????  From near the front door to the kitchen.  Kill Kill Kill

With my TV set as dead as Steve Jobs, the house is so silent.  The boys are asleep and I miss my Masterchef USA.  Does this mean another night of watching X Factor USA, UK and Australia on YouTube again?  I need to kill that mosquito first. 

Till tomorrow, without the mozzie....

No comments:

Post a Comment