Sunday 11 September 2011

9/11 TEN YEARS ON


Today is September 11.  Ten years ago, the Twin Towers in USA fell. Until a week or so ago, I did not realise that it has been so long.  Time really flies.  Seems there is a building coming up on that spot.  I wonder how many people in Singapore still feels what it was like that day, how they felt.  I shudder to think that anything can happen despite a country's most developed military capabilities.  It does not take weapons to destroy anymore.  Violence is bad, war is terrible.  However, to have innocent people killed just to put a point across, is simply COWARDICE.  Would I get into trouble for saying so?  I have no freaking idea but that is how I feel.

I wonder at this moment how the surviving family members of the 9/11 victims are feeling today.  How have they coped these last 10 years.  Were they forgotten soon after or are support for them still ongoing.  People usually say that time heals.  I am not so sure if if does really heal.  How is "healing" defined?  The pain certainly does not go away nor missing the person/s.  The pain does get better in the sense that it does not hurt every minute second as before nor is it as painful and tearing.  The tears are lesser too but they are still there, coming on really unexpectedly.  Sometimes we think that we are coping well and we can control our emotions well.  It does not happen to everyone.  I know that first hand.

In memory of the victims of 9/11, I attach the video by Darryl Worley, Have you forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment